At A Glance: This Prescriber in 2012
Self-Reported Primary Specialty
Rank: 245 out of 6645
Rank: 362 out of 6645
How Does This Prescriber Compare to Peers?
18% of this provider’s 774 patients filled at least one prescription for a schedule two drug, compared to an average of 3%.
24% of this provider’s 774 patients filled at least one prescription for a schedule three drug, compared to an average of 13%.
Risky Drugs to Seniors
1% of this provider’s 11,888 prescriptions for patients 65 and older were for "potentially dangerous" drugs, compared to an average of 1%.
Brand Name Drugs
21% of this provider’s prescriptions were for brand-name drugs, compared to an average of 26%.
$55 was the average price of a prescription from this provider, compared to $64 among peers.
Prescriptions per Patient
22 is the average number of prescriptions (including refills) per patient, compared to an average of 16.
This Prescriber's Drugs
The table below list this provider’s drugs, the number of prescriptions and how many went to seniors. Drugs are ranked by volume and compared with the rank for all providers in the same specialty and state.
Search for a Drug
5 questions to ask about a new drug »
via Consumer Health Choices
Compare different prescription drugs »
via Consumer Reports
Click to Filter by Category
A schedule two drug. More » Schedule two drugs have a high potential for abuse and severe dependence, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
A schedule three drug. More » Schedule three drugs have potential for abuse and dependence, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
An antipsychotic drug. More » Antipsychotics are frequently given to dementia patients, though it increases their risk of death.
A risky drug for seniors. More » The American Geriatrics Society has said this drug is "potentially dangerous" for seniors and might be inappropriate.
This provider is among the top 10 prescribers of
this drug in the country.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for more days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be lower.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for fewer days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be higher.
This Drug's Rank
Total Prescriptions Filled
|Category||For this Prescriber||
For All Prescribers in
This Specialty in California
|MORPHINE SULFATE ER||251||100||S2||16||124|
|BUPROPION HCL SR||83||32||51||296|
|ISOSORBIDE MONONITRATE ER||64||63||67||66|
|DILTIAZEM 24HR CD||61||52||69||176|
About This Data
ProPublica obtained prescribing data from Medicare’s prescription drug benefit, known as Part D, under the Freedom of Information Act. The data for 2012 includes more than 1.2 billion prescriptions written by nearly 1.5 million doctors, nurses and other providers. This database lists about 382,000 of those providers who wrote 50 or more prescriptions for at least one drug that year. Almost three-fourths went to patients 65 and older; the rest were for disabled patients. Methodology »
If you are a provider and you believe your address is incorrect, check the listing you created on the National Provider Identifier registry. If you change your listing, send a note to email@example.com and we will update your information. If you have other questions about this data, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No comparisons are shown if 10 or fewer prescribers in the state share this specialty.
- The list of top drugs includes only those for which this provider wrote 50 or more prescriptions, but all prescriptions are counted in the summary totals at the top.
- The calculation of “Risky Drugs to Seniors” does not include drugs for which a provider wrote 11 or fewer prescriptions because Medicare redacted the information to protect patient privacy.
- Comparisons do not take into account the medical conditions of patients. Medications for certain conditions do not have generic alternatives, so patients would receive more expensive brand name drugs.
- This provider's address and specialty information was last updated on Aug. 8, 2007.
- Comparisons are based on each provider’s current address, not necessarily where he or she worked during the time period covered in this database.