At A Glance: This Prescriber in 2012
Self-Reported Primary Specialty
Rank: 13 out of 300
Rank: 8 out of 300
How Does This Prescriber Compare to Peers?
25% of this provider’s 566 patients filled at least one prescription for a schedule two drug, compared to an average of 7%.
34% of this provider’s 566 patients filled at least one prescription for a schedule three drug, compared to an average of 21%.
Risky Drugs to Seniors
5% of this provider’s 4,887 prescriptions for patients 65 and older were for "potentially dangerous" drugs, compared to an average of 5%.
Brand Name Drugs
18% of this provider’s prescriptions were for brand-name drugs, compared to an average of 21%.
$84 was the average price of a prescription from this provider, compared to $75 among peers.
Prescriptions per Patient
21 is the average number of prescriptions (including refills) per patient, compared to an average of 10.
This chart shows a different comparison of all providers in this specialty based on their mix of drugs and volume. Providers are grouped by similarity; those least like their peers are farthest to the right. Hover over the bars to see names of other prescribers.
KEY: How to read this
Hover to see more prescribers
This Prescriber's Drugs
The table below list this provider’s drugs, the number of prescriptions and how many went to seniors. Drugs are ranked by volume and compared with the rank for all providers in the same specialty and state.
Search for a Drug
5 questions to ask about a new drug »
via Consumer Health Choices
Compare different prescription drugs »
via Consumer Reports
Click to Filter by Category
A schedule two drug. More » Schedule two drugs have a high potential for abuse and severe dependence, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
A schedule three drug. More » Schedule three drugs have potential for abuse and dependence, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
An antipsychotic drug. More » Antipsychotics are frequently given to dementia patients, though it increases their risk of death.
A risky drug for seniors. More » The American Geriatrics Society has said this drug is "potentially dangerous" for seniors and might be inappropriate.
This provider is among the top 10 prescribers of
this drug in the country.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for more days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be lower.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for fewer days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be higher.
This Drug's Rank
Total Prescriptions Filled
|Category||For this Prescriber||
For All Prescribers in
This Specialty in Alabama
|MORPHINE SULFATE ER||64||22||S2||39||19|
About This Data
- No comparisons are shown if 10 or fewer prescribers in the state share this specialty.
- The list of top drugs includes only those for which this provider wrote 50 or more prescriptions, but all prescriptions are counted in the summary totals at the top.
- The calculation of “Risky Drugs to Seniors” does not include drugs for which a provider wrote 11 or fewer prescriptions because Medicare redacted the information to protect patient privacy.
- Comparisons do not take into account the medical conditions of patients. Medications for certain conditions do not have generic alternatives, so patients would receive more expensive brand name drugs.
- This provider's address and specialty information was last updated on June 6, 2012.
- Comparisons are based on each provider’s current address, not necessarily where he or she worked during the time period covered in this database.