At A Glance: This Prescriber in 2011
Self-Reported Primary Specialty
Rank: 4 out of 122
Rank: 29 out of 122
How Does This Prescriber Compare to Peers?
4% of this provider’s 1,227 patients filled at least one prescription for a narcotic painkiller, compared to an average of 12%.
Antipsychotics to Seniors
Dangerous Drugs to Seniors
Brand Name Drugs
10% of this provider’s prescriptions were for brand-name drugs, compared to an average of 14%.
$12 was the average price of a prescription from this provider, compared to $39 among peers.
Prescriptions per Patient
2 is the average number of prescriptions (including refills) per patient, compared to an average of 3.
This chart shows a different comparison of all providers in this specialty based on their mix of drugs and volume. Providers are grouped by similarity; those least like their peers are farthest to the right. Hover over the bars to see names of other prescribers.
KEY: How to read this
Hover to see more prescribers
This Prescriber's Drugs
The table below list this provider’s drugs, the number of prescriptions and how many went to seniors. Drugs are ranked by volume and compared with the rank for all providers in the same specialty and state.
Search for a Drug
5 questions to ask about a new drug »
via Consumer Health Choices
Compare different prescription drugs »
via Consumer Reports
Click to Filter by Category
An antipsychotic drug. More » Antipsychotics are frequently given to dementia patients, though it increases their risk of death.
A risky drug for seniors. More » The American Geriatrics Society has said this drug is "potentially dangerous" for seniors and might be inappropriate.
A narcotic drug. More » Misuse and abuse of narcotics led to some 16,000 overdose deaths in 2010.
This provider is among the top 10 prescribers of
this drug in the country.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for more days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be lower.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for fewer days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be higher.
This Drug's Rank
Total Prescriptions Filled
|Category||For this Prescriber||
For All Prescribers in
This Specialty in Florida
Treats dry, scaly skin cond... +
Treats dry, scaly skin conditions called xerosis and ichthyosis. Also used for the temporary relief of itching caused by these conditions. More info »
Treats skin infections caus... +
Treats skin infections caused by fungus, such as ringworm, athlete's foot, or dandruff. Belongs to a class of drugs called antifungals. More info »
Treats pain caused by arthr... +
Treats pain caused by arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, or other medical problems. Also treats acute migraine attacks in adults. This is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory medicine (NSAID). More info »
Treats nerve pain that is c... +
Treats nerve pain that is caused by herpes zoster, or "shingles." More info »
Treats infections caused by... +
Treats infections caused by fungus. Belongs to a class of drugs called antifungals. More info »
This medicine is an antifun... +
This medicine is an antifungal. More info »
About This Data
- No comparisons are shown if 10 or fewer prescribers in the state share this specialty.
- The list of top drugs includes only those for which this provider wrote 50 or more prescriptions, but all prescriptions are counted in the summary totals at the top.
- The calculation of “Risky Drugs to Seniors” does not include drugs for which a provider wrote 11 or fewer prescriptions because Medicare redacted the information to protect patient privacy.
- Comparisons do not take into account the medical conditions of patients. Medications for certain conditions do not have generic alternatives, so patients would receive more expensive brand name drugs.
- This provider's address and specialty information was last updated on April 23, 2013.
- Comparisons are based on each provider’s current address, not necessarily where he or she worked during the time period covered in this database.