At A Glance: This Prescriber in 2011
This Prescriber's Drugs
The table below list this provider’s drugs, the number of prescriptions and how many went to seniors. Drugs are ranked by volume .
Search for a Drug
5 questions to ask about a new drug »
via Consumer Health Choices
Compare different prescription drugs »
via Consumer Reports
Click to Filter by Category
An antipsychotic drug. More » Antipsychotics are frequently given to dementia patients, though it increases their risk of death.
A risky drug for seniors. More » The American Geriatrics Society has said this drug is "potentially dangerous" for seniors and might be inappropriate.
A narcotic drug. More » Misuse and abuse of narcotics led to some 16,000 overdose deaths in 2010.
This provider is among the top 10 prescribers of
this drug in the country.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for more days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be lower.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for fewer days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be higher.
Total Prescriptions Filled
Treats or prevents bronchos... +
Treats or prevents bronchospasm in patients with asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, and other lung diseases. Also prevents wheezing caused by exercise (exercise-induced bronchospasm). This medicine is a bronchodilator. More info »
Prevents symptoms of asthma... +
Prevents symptoms of asthma or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. This medicine is a combination of a steroid and a bronchodilator. More info »
Treats inflammation (swelli... +
Treats inflammation (swelling), severe allergies, complications of chronic illnesses, and other medical problems. Also used to decrease some symptoms of cancer. This medicine is a steroid. More info »
Prevents asthma attacks or ... +
Prevents asthma attacks or EIB (exercise-induced bronchospasm) and treats other lung problems such as COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. More info »
Prevents the symptoms of br... +
Prevents the symptoms of bronchospasm caused by emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). This medicine is a bronchodilator. More info »
Treats stuffy nose caused b... +
Treats stuffy nose caused by hay fever and other allergies. This medicine is a corticosteroid. More info »
Treats infections caused by... +
Treats infections caused by certain bacteria. This medicine is a macrolide antibiotic. More info »
About This Data
ProPublica obtained prescribing data from Medicare’s prescription drug benefit, known as Part D, under the Freedom of Information Act. The data for 2011 includes nearly 1.2 billion prescriptions written by 1.6 million doctors, nurses and other providers. This database lists about 364,000 of those providers who wrote 50 or more prescriptions for at least one drug that year. About three-fourths went to patients 65 and older; the rest were for disabled patients. Methodology »
- No comparisons are shown if 10 or fewer prescribers in the state share this specialty.
- The list of top drugs includes only those for which this provider wrote 50 or more prescriptions, but all prescriptions are counted in the summary totals at the top.
- The calculation of “Risky Drugs to Seniors” does not include drugs for which a provider wrote 11 or fewer prescriptions because Medicare redacted the information to protect patient privacy.
- Comparisons do not take into account the medical conditions of patients. Medications for certain conditions do not have generic alternatives, so patients would receive more expensive brand name drugs.
- This provider's address and specialty information was last updated on July 8, 2007.
- Comparisons are based on each provider’s current address, not necessarily where he or she worked during the time period covered in this database.
If you are a provider and you believe your address is incorrect, check the listing you created on the National Provider Identifier registry. If you change your listing, send a note to email@example.com and we will update your information. If you have other questions about this data, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.