At A Glance: This Prescriber in 2011
Self-Reported Primary Specialty
Rank: 2 out of 116
Rank: 2 out of 116
How Does This Prescriber Compare to Peers?
9% of this provider’s 281 patients filled at least one prescription for a narcotic painkiller, compared to an average of 8%.
Antipsychotics to Seniors
Risky Drugs to Seniors
34% of this provider’s 1,605 prescriptions for patients 65 and older were for "potentially dangerous" drugs, compared to an average of 27%.
Brand Name Drugs
42% of this provider’s prescriptions were for brand-name drugs, compared to an average of 37%.
$66 was the average price of a prescription from this provider, compared to $61 among peers.
Prescriptions per Patient
7 is the average number of prescriptions (including refills) per patient, compared to an average of 5.
This Prescriber's Drugs
The table below list this provider’s drugs, the number of prescriptions and how many went to seniors. Drugs are ranked by volume and compared with the rank for all providers in the same specialty and state.
Search for a Drug
5 questions to ask about a new drug »
via Consumer Health Choices
Compare different prescription drugs »
via Consumer Reports
Click to Filter by Category
An antipsychotic drug. More » Antipsychotics are frequently given to dementia patients, though it increases their risk of death.
A risky drug for seniors. More » The American Geriatrics Society has said this drug is "potentially dangerous" for seniors and might be inappropriate.
A narcotic drug. More » Misuse and abuse of narcotics led to some 16,000 overdose deaths in 2010.
This provider is among the top 10 prescribers of
this drug in the country.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for more days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be lower.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for fewer days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be higher.
This Drug's Rank
Total Prescriptions Filled
|Category||For this Prescriber||
For All Prescribers in
This Specialty in Alabama
Estrogens are female hormon... +
Estrogens are female hormones. They are produced by the body and are necessary for the normal sexual development of the female and for the regulation?2954 More info »
Used to relieve moderate to... +
Used to relieve moderate to severe pain. More info »
Treats menopause symptoms (... +
Treats menopause symptoms (hot flashes, vaginal dryness). Prevents osteoporosis after menopause. This medicine is a combination of 2 hormones. More info »
Replaces estrogen that decr... +
Replaces estrogen that decreases with menopause or removal of the ovaries. Also prevents osteoporosis and treats advanced prostate or advanced breast cancer in certain men and women. This medicine is an estrogen, which is a female hormone. More info »
About This Data
- No comparisons are shown if 10 or fewer prescribers in the state share this specialty.
- The list of top drugs includes only those for which this provider wrote 50 or more prescriptions, but all prescriptions are counted in the summary totals at the top.
- The calculation of “Risky Drugs to Seniors” does not include drugs for which a provider wrote 11 or fewer prescriptions because Medicare redacted the information to protect patient privacy.
- Comparisons do not take into account the medical conditions of patients. Medications for certain conditions do not have generic alternatives, so patients would receive more expensive brand name drugs.
- This provider's address and specialty information was last updated on Sept. 21, 2011.
- Comparisons are based on each provider’s current address, not necessarily where he or she worked during the time period covered in this database.