At A Glance: This Prescriber in 2011
Self-Reported Primary Specialty
This Prescriber's Drugs
The table below list this provider’s drugs, the number of prescriptions and how many went to seniors. Drugs are ranked by volume and compared with the rank for all providers in the same specialty and state.
Search for a Drug
5 questions to ask about a new drug »
via Consumer Health Choices
Compare different prescription drugs »
via Consumer Reports
Click to Filter by Category
An antipsychotic drug. More » Antipsychotics are frequently given to dementia patients, though it increases their risk of death.
A risky drug for seniors. More » The American Geriatrics Society has said this drug is "potentially dangerous" for seniors and might be inappropriate.
A narcotic drug. More » Misuse and abuse of narcotics led to some 16,000 overdose deaths in 2010.
This provider is among the top 10 prescribers of
this drug in the country.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for more days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be lower.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for fewer days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be higher.
Total Prescriptions Filled
Estrogens are female hormon... +
Estrogens are female hormones. They are produced by the body and are necessary for the normal sexual development of the female and for the regulation?2954 More info »
Treats menopause symptoms (... +
Treats menopause symptoms (hot flashes, vaginal dryness). Prevents osteoporosis after menopause. This medicine is a combination of 2 hormones. More info »
Treats infections caused by... +
Treats infections caused by certain bacteria. This medicine is a macrolide antibiotic. More info »
Replaces estrogen that decr... +
Replaces estrogen that decreases with menopause or removal of the ovaries. Also prevents osteoporosis and treats advanced prostate or advanced breast cancer in certain men and women. This medicine is an estrogen, which is a female hormone. More info »
Zolpidem is used to treat i... +
Zolpidem is used to treat insomnia (difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep). Zolpidem belongs to a class of medications called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity in the brain to allow sleep. More info »
This combination of drugs i... +
This combination of drugs is used to relieve mild to moderate pain. More info »
Treats anxiety, panic disor... +
Treats anxiety, panic disorder, insomnia (trouble sleeping), and anxiety caused by depression. This medicine is a benzodiazepine. More info »
About This Data
- No comparisons are shown if 10 or fewer prescribers in the state share this specialty.
- The list of top drugs includes only those for which this provider wrote 50 or more prescriptions, but all prescriptions are counted in the summary totals at the top.
- The calculation of “Risky Drugs to Seniors” does not include drugs for which a provider wrote 11 or fewer prescriptions because Medicare redacted the information to protect patient privacy.
- Comparisons do not take into account the medical conditions of patients. Medications for certain conditions do not have generic alternatives, so patients would receive more expensive brand name drugs.
- This provider's address and specialty information was last updated on July 8, 2007.
- Comparisons are based on each provider’s current address, not necessarily where he or she worked during the time period covered in this database.