Search for a Prescriber, City or Zip Code
JONATHAN MURPHY M.D.
210 NORTH CENTER STREET SUITE 102
At A Glance: This Prescriber in 2011
1,146Medicare Part D Prescriptions Filled, Including Refills
Rank: 792 out of 889
Total Retail Price of All Prescriptions
Rank: 773 out of 889
Patients Receiving at Least One Drug in Part D
73%Patients 65 Years and Older
Subsidized Claims for Low-Income Patients
How Does This Prescriber Compare to Peers?
In the same specialty and state. Caveats »
Drugs That Present Special Risks
Costs of Prescribing
17% of this provider’s 122 patients filled at least one prescription for a narcotic painkiller, compared to an average of 20%.
Antipsychotics to Seniors
Dangerous Drugs to Seniors
Brand Name Drugs
24% of this provider’s prescriptions were for brand-name drugs, compared to an average of 19%.
$65 was the average price of a prescription from this provider, compared to $61 among peers.
Prescriptions per Patient
9 is the average number of prescriptions (including refills) per patient, compared to an average of 15.
This Prescriber's Drugs
The table below list this provider’s drugs, the number of prescriptions and how many went to seniors. Drugs are ranked by volume
and compared with the rank for all providers in the same specialty and state.
Click to Filter by Category
A risky drug for seniors. More » The American Geriatrics Society has said this drug is "potentially dangerous" for seniors and might be inappropriate.
This provider is among the top 10 prescribers of
this drug in the country.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for more days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be lower.
This provider’s prescriptions for this drug were for fewer days than those of peers. More » Because of this, his or her prescription count may be higher.
This Drug's Rank
Total Prescriptions Filled
For this Prescriber
For All Prescribers in
This Specialty in Arizona
Levothyroxine, a thyroid ho... +
Levothyroxine, a thyroid hormone, is used to treat hypothyroidism, a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. Without this hormone, the body cannot function properly, resulting in: poor growth; slow speech; lack of energy; weight gain; hair loss; dry, thick skin; and increased sensitivity to cold. When taken correctly, levothyroxine reverses these symptoms. Levothyroxine is also used to treat congenital hypothyroidism (cretinism) and goiter (enlarged thyroid gland). More info »
Treats high blood pressure ... +
Treats high blood pressure and angina (chest pain). May also lower the risk of repeated heart attacks. More info »
About This Data
ProPublica obtained prescribing data from Medicare’s prescription drug benefit, known as Part D, under the Freedom of Information Act. The data for 2011 includes nearly 1.2 billion prescriptions written by 1.6 million doctors, nurses and other providers. This database lists about 364,000 of those providers who wrote 50 or more prescriptions for at least one drug that year. About three-fourths went to patients 65 and older; the rest were for disabled patients. Methodology »
- No comparisons are shown if 10 or fewer prescribers in the state share this specialty.
- The list of top drugs includes only those for which this provider wrote 50 or more prescriptions, but all prescriptions are counted in the summary totals at the top.
- The calculation of “Risky Drugs to Seniors” does not include drugs for which a provider wrote 11 or fewer prescriptions because Medicare redacted the information to protect patient privacy.
- Comparisons do not take into account the medical conditions of patients. Medications for certain conditions do not have generic alternatives, so patients would receive more expensive brand name drugs.
- This provider's address and specialty information was last updated on Sept. 18, 2012.
- Comparisons are based on each provider’s current address, not necessarily where he or she worked during the time period covered in this database.