From http://projects.propublica.org/docdollars. © Copyright 2013 Pro Publica Inc.
SAMSON, DAVID R.
Notable drugs produced by Eli Lilly include:
- Cymbalta (depression, generalized anxiety disorder , diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic osteoarthritis pain, chronic low back pain)
- Zyprexa (antipsychotic for schizophrenia)
- Humalog (diabetes)
- Alimta (lung cancer, mesothelioma)
- Evista (osteoporosis, lowering risk of invasive breast cancer)
- Cialis (erectile dysfunction, benign prostatic hyperplasia)
- Humulin (diabetes)
- Forteo (osteoporosis)
- Strattera (adhd)
- Effient (prevents strokes and heart attacks in patients who need to have a heart procedure called percutaneous coronary intervention)
- Glucagon (hypoglycemia, diabetes)
- Erbitux (colon cancer, advanced head and neck cancer)
The reports include both the name of the health provider who performed the service and, when reported, the entity paid. They may be different.
Source: Eli Lilly. ProPublica last downloaded this record on Oct. 17, 2012.
I think this is my doctor — what should I do?
If your provider is listed, it’s because a drug company reported paying him or her for promotional activities, meals, travel, educational items, consulting or research. Such payments are legal, but research has shown that drug-company marketing can influence what a doctor prescribes. How you can use this data »