From http://projects.propublica.org/docdollars. © Copyright 2013 Pro Publica Inc.
Notable drugs produced by AbbVie include:
- Humira (rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, juvenile arthritis, ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease, plaque psoriasis)
- Trilipix//Tricor (high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels)
- Niaspan (cholesterol, high triglyceride levels, atherosclerotic disease)
- AndroGel (testosterone replacement therapy, hypogonadism)
- Lupron (endometriosis, fibroids, advanced prostate cancer, central precocious puberty)
- Synthroid (hypothyroidism, pituitary tsh suppression)
- Kaletra (HIV)
- Creon (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency due to cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis, pancreatectomy, or other conditions)
- Depakote/DepakoteER/Depakote Sprinkles (bipolar disorder, seizures, migraines)
The reports include both the name of the health provider who performed the service and, when reported, the entity paid. They may be different.
Source: AbbVie. ProPublica last downloaded this record on Jan. 4, 2013.
I think this is my doctor — what should I do?
If your provider is listed, it’s because a drug company reported paying him or her for promotional activities, meals, travel, educational items, consulting or research. Such payments are legal, but research has shown that drug-company marketing can influence what a doctor prescribes. How you can use this data »