Nurse Listing: Disciplined by Other States
The following 295 nurses were disciplined by nursing boards in other states before California acted against them. The number of states that disciplined each nurse is detailed in the chart below, as well as the current status of the nurse’s license. By clicking on a nurse’s name, you can find details of the other states’ actions.
Please note that in some cases the dates and type of discipline recorded in California’s disciplinary papers do not match those of other states. When such cases were identified, the dates and actions noted in other states’ records were used.
There are several limitations to this database.
Data last updated Dec. 26, 2009
- This database includes nurses who faced disciplinary action between 2002 and September 2009, as well as any subsequent actions against these nurses. .
- Employers and patients seeking verification of a nurse’s license should use the Web site of the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Multiple nurses may have the same name, but each has a unique license number.
- The information on the database is based on the Web site of the Board of Registered Nursing and state documents. In some cases, the Web site and documents conflict; in such cases, reporters used dates included in the board’s documents.
- Documents for some cases are missing from the site in whole or in part.
- The database does not include discipline against nurses meted out as a condition of being licensed. Such discipline is only included if the nurse subsequently faced board action.
- The grounds listed for discipline in this database are based on the board’s public allegations against the nurses. Because accusations are sometimes written in an unclear or inconsistent manner, reporters did not try to guess the intent.
- This database includes discipline against some nurses who have subsequently died. The board has removed many of these nurses from its Web site. They are included here because they faced disciplinary action during the period examined.