From https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars. © Copyright 2013 Pro Publica Inc.
Notable drugs produced by Novartis include:
- Diovan/Co–Diovan (hypertension)
- Gleevec (chronic myeloid leukemia)
- Sandostatin (excess growth hormone)
- Ritalin/Focalin (ADHD)
- Gilenya (relapsing multiple sclerosis)
- Exelon/Exelon Patch (Alzheimer’s disease)
- Exforge (hypertension)
- Tasigna (chronic myeloid leukemia)
- Afinitor (advanced kidney cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, brain cancer)
- Cataflam (NSAID)
- Clozaril (treatment-resistant Schizophrenia)
The reports include both the name of the health provider who performed the service and, when reported, the entity paid. They may be different.
Source: Novartis. ProPublica last downloaded this record on Oct. 17, 2012.
I think this is my doctor — what should I do?
If your provider is listed, it’s because a drug company reported paying him or her for promotional activities, meals, travel, educational items, consulting or research. Such payments are legal, but research has shown that drug-company marketing can influence what a doctor prescribes. How you can use this data »