From https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars. © Copyright 2013 Pro Publica Inc.
NC UNC HOSPITAL
Notable drugs produced by AstraZeneca include:
- Seroquel XR (schizophrenia, bipolar disorder)
- Crestor (high cholesterol)
- Nexium (acid reflux)
- Symbicort (asthma, COPD)
- Synagis (prevents lung infections in babies and children)
- Toprol-XL (hypertension, heart failure, angina)
- Zomig (migraines)
- Onglyza (Type 2 diabetes)
- Brilinta (treatment for acute coronary syndromes)
- Faslodex (breast cancer in post-menopausal women)
Research payments are distinct from speaking and consulting. The figure listed does not reflect the actual compensation received by the physician listed as the principal investigator.
Payments for clinical studies may include costs associated with patient care, supplies, as well as the time spent by health care professionals treating patients and managing the study.
The reports include both the name of the health provider who performed the service and, when reported, the entity paid. They may be different.
Source: AstraZeneca. ProPublica last downloaded this record on Feb. 15, 2013.
I think this is my doctor — what should I do?
If your provider is listed, it’s because a drug company reported paying him or her for promotional activities, meals, travel, educational items, consulting or research. Such payments are legal, but research has shown that drug-company marketing can influence what a doctor prescribes. How you can use this data »