A User’s Guide to Democracy
Congress Works for You.
Here’s How to Be a Better Boss.
You voted them in, and maybe you see their names in the news on the big issues of the day.
But what really goes on in the halls of the Capitol?
What are your elected representatives doing about the issues you care about?
And what can you do to hold them accountable?
Welcome to the User’s Guide to Democracy! A short series of personalized emails will help you answer these questions, and more, with jargon-free explanations and advice from experts and journalists. Sign up below to learn how to become a more informed, more engaged citizen.
Start by looking up your district:
Find your congressional district by address
What you'll get:
- What your representatives are doing and saying
- Tools for tracking legislation on issues that matter most to you
- Which industries and interests are funding your reps
- What lobbyists are (and aren’t) allowed to do
- How to make your voice heard — and how to move lawmakers on issues you care about