From https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits. © Copyright 2016 Pro Publica Inc.
Research Tax-Exempt Organizations
RATTIE RATZ5433CLAYTONROADSUITEK276, CLAYTON, CA 94517-0000 | Tax-exempt since May 2002
- EIN: 94-3400283
- Classification (NTEE)
Animal Protection and Welfare (Animal-Related)
- Nonprofit Tax Code Designation: 501(c)(3)
Defined as: Organizations for any of the following purposes: religious, educational, charitable, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition (as long as it doesn’t provide athletic facilities or equipment), or the prevention of cruelty to children or animals.
- Donations to this organization are tax deductible.
- More Resources: GuideStar
Tax Filings by Year
If this organization has filed an amended return, it may not be reflected in the data below. Duplicated download links may be due to resubmissions or amendments to an organization's original return.
If you would like to download Form 990 document PDFs in bulk, the Internet Archive operates a mirror of the original bulk data.
Dec. 2002Fiscal year ending Dec.
Form 990 documents available
Extracted filing data is not available for this tax period, but Form 990 documents are available for download.
Get Email Updates
Sign up to follow along with ProPublica’s reporting. Once-a-day updates on our latest coverage of the Trump administration and more.
About This Data
Nonprofit Explorer includes summary data for nonprofit tax returns and PDFs of full Form 990 documents.
The summary data contains information processed by the IRS during the 2012-2017 calendar years; this generally consists of filings for the 2011-2016 fiscal years, but may include older records. This data release includes only a subset of what can be found in the full Form 990s.
In addition to the raw summary data, we link to PDFs of full Form 990 documents wherever possible. This consists of a separate release by the IRS of Form 990 documents processed by the agency through June 2016; these documents may contain filings as recent as the 2015 fiscal year.
Which Organizations Are Here?
Every organization that has been recognized as tax exempt by the IRS has to file Form 990 every year, unless they make less than $200,000 in revenue and have less than $500,000 in assets, in which case they have to file form 990-EZ. Organizations making less than $50,000 don’t have to file either form but do have to let the IRS they’re still in business via a Form 990N "e-Postcard."
Nonprofit Explorer has organizations claiming tax exemption in each of the 27 subsections of the 501(c) section of the tax code, and which have filed a Form 990, Form 990EZ or Form 990PF. Taxable trusts and private foundations that are required to file a form 990PF are also included. Small organizations filing a Form 990N "e-Postcard" are not included in this data.
Types of Nonprofits
There are 27 nonprofit designations based on the numbered subsections of section 501(c) of the tax code. See the list »
How to Research Tax-Exempt Organizations
We've created a guide for investigating nonprofits for those just getting started as well as for seasoned pros.
The data powering this website is available programmatically, via an API. Read the API documentation »
Get the Data
For those interested in acquiring the original data from the source, here’s where our data comes from:
- Raw filing data. Includes EINs and summary financials as structured data.
- Exempt Organization profiles. Includes organization names, addresses, etc. You can merge this with the raw filing data using EIN numbers.
- Form 990 documents requested and processed by Public.Resource.Org and ProPublica. We post bulk downloads of these documents at the Internet Archive.
- Form 990 documents as XML files. Includes complete filing data (financial details, names of officers, tax schedules, etc.) in machine-readable format. Only available for electronically filed documents.
- Audits. PDFs of single or program-specific audits for nonprofit organizations that spent $750,000 or more in Federal grant money in a single fiscal year. Available for 2016 and later.