About This Bill
- This bill was introduced in the 108th Congress
- This bill is primarily about education
- Introduced Sept. 29, 2004
- Latest Major Action Sept. 29, 2004
- See the one similar bills introduced in other congresses.
Student Loan Abuse Prevention Act - Amends the Higher Education Act of 1965 to reduce certain special allowance payments to holders of student loans. Appropriates, for each fiscal year after enactment of this Act, an additional amount to increase the maximum Pell grant for that fiscal year. Makes such amount equal to the amount by which expenditures for such special allowances are reduced by this Act for that fiscal year, as determined by the...
(Source: Congressional Research Service)
Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.
|Sept. 29, 2004||
Introduced in the Senate by Patty Murray (D-Wash.)