About This Bill
- This bill was introduced in the 110th Congress
- This bill is primarily about law
- Introduced July 31, 2008
- Latest Major Action July 31, 2008
- See the one similar bills introduced in other congresses.
15 (15 Democrats, 1 Independent)
- Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.)
- Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.)
- Tom Harkin (D-Iowa)
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-Md.)
- Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.)
- Patty Murray (D-Wash.)
- Jack Reed (D-R.I.)
- Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.)
- Barack Obama (D-Ill.)
- Bernard Sanders (ID-Vt.)
- Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)
- Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.)
- Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.)
- Tim Johnson (D-S.D.)
- Bob Casey (D-Pa.)
Medical Device Safety Act of 2008 - Amends the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to provide that provisions preempting state and local requirements for medical devices intended for human use shall not be construed to modify or otherwise affect any action for damages or the liability of any person under state law. Makes this Act effective as if it were included in the Medical Device Amendments of 1976 and applicable to any civil action...
(Source: Congressional Research Service)
Sponsor introductory remarks on measure.
Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.
|July 31, 2008||
Introduced in the Senate by Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.)