Find your legislators by address, ZIP code or name
S.441: Professional Development for Educators Act of 2013
About this Bill
|You can||read the bill|
|Sponsor||Mark Begich, D-Alaska|
|Total Cosponsors||1 (All Democrats)|
|Introduced||March 4, 2013|
|Latest Major Action||March 4, 2013|
|See it on||GovTrack|
|See it on||C-SPAN|
- Bill introduced in the Senate
- Bill passed in the Senate
- Bill passed in the House
- Bill signed into law
Professional Development for Educators Act of 2013 - Amends the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA) to direct the Secretary of Education to allot grants to states and, through them, award or allot subgrants to local educational agencies (LEAs) to provide professional development to educators.
Makes each state's allotment equivalent to its share of school improvement funds under part A of title I of the ESEA.
Requires states to use a portion of their allotment to:
- establish the criteria for quality professional development activities, which must include the requirement that those activities are regularly assessed on the basis of their impact on teacher effectiveness and student achievement;
- design and implement methods for evaluating quality professional development activities;
- make recommendations for improving those activities;
- design and maintain an electronic, searchable, statewide registry of quality pro...
(Source: Congressional Research Service)
|March 4, 2013||Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.|