Find your legislators by address, ZIP code or name
S.576: A bill to reform laws relating to small public housing agencies, and for other purposes.
About this Bill
|You can||read the bill|
|Sponsor||Mike Johanns, R-Neb.|
|Total Cosponsors||5 (3 Democrats, 2 Republicans)|
|Introduced||March 14, 2013|
|Latest Major Action||March 14, 2013|
|See it on||GovTrack|
|See it on||C-SPAN|
- Bill introduced in the Senate
- Bill passed in the Senate
- Bill passed in the House
- Bill signed into law
Small Public Housing Agency Opportunity Act of 2013 - Amends the United States Housing Act of 1937 to subject a small public housing agency (PHA) to the same requirements as a PHA.
Defines a small PHA as a PHA for which the sum of the number of public housing dwelling units and the number of vouchers under Section 8 (tenant-based assistance) it administers is 550 or fewer.
Requires the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to:
- provide for physical inspections of a small PHA public housing project at least once every three years, unless it is a troubled small PHA;
- determine the financial condition of a small PHA's public housing program solely on the basis of the ratio of current assets to current liabilities; and
- determine management condition of a small PHA's public housing program solely on the basis of the ratio of vacant unit months to eligible unit months.
Requires a small PHA administering Section 8 tena...
(Source: Congressional Research Service)
|March 14, 2013||Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.|