About This Bill
- This bill was introduced in the 115th Congress
- This bill is primarily about health
- Introduced Jan. 11, 2017
- Latest Major Action June 13, 2018
- See the one similar bills introduced in other congresses.
47 (19 Democrats, 28 Republicans)
- Pat Meehan (R-Pa.)
- Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.)
- Chris Collins (R-N.Y.)
- G. K. Butterfield (D-N.C.)
- F. James Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.)
- Daniel M. Donovan (R-N.Y.)
- Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.)
- William M. Thornberry (R-Texas)
- Gus Bilirakis (R-Fla.)
- Tom Rooney (R-Fla.)
- Peter T. King (R-N.Y.)
- Rick Allen (R-Ga.)
- Dave Joyce (R-Ohio)
- Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.)
- Ann McLane Kuster (D-N.H.)
- Pete Olson (R-Texas)
- David McKinley (R-W.Va.)
- Barbara Comstock (R-Va.)
- Lisa Blunt Rochester (D-Del.)
- Rodney Davis (R-Ill.)
- Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.)
- Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.)
- Evan Jenkins (R-W.Va.)
- Mimi Walters (R-Calif.)
- Bobby L. Rush (D-Ill.)
- Yvette D. Clarke (D-N.Y.)
- Donald W. Norcross (D-N.J.)
- Tim Walberg (R-Mich.)
- Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.)
- Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.)
- Scott Peters (D-Calif.)
- Tony Cárdenas (D-Calif.)
- Anna G. Eshoo (D-Calif.)
- Ben Ray Luján (D-N.M.)
- Raul Ruiz (D-Calif.)
- Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.)
- Ro Khanna (D-Calif.)
- Mark DeSaulnier (D-Calif.)
- John Faso (R-N.Y.)
- Carol Shea-Porter (D-N.H.)
- Louise M. Slaughter (D-N.Y.)
- Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.)
- Mike Bost (R-Ill.)
- Greg Walden (R-Ore.)
- Bill Posey (R-Fla.)
- Derek Kilmer (D-Wash.)
Synthetic Drug Awareness Act of 2017 This bill requires the Surgeon General to report to Congress on the public health effects of the increased use since January 2010 by individuals who are 12 to 18 years old of drugs developed and manufactured to avoid control under the Controlled Substances Act (e.g., synthetic marijuana, also known as "spice," and synthetic amphetamines, also known as "bath salts").
(Source: Congressional Research Service)
What Lawmakers Are Saying About This Bill
Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.
The title of the measure was amended. Agreed to without objection.
Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by voice vote.
DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate on H.R. 449.
Considered under suspension of the rules.
Mr. Latta moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection. (text: CR H5029)
Considered under suspension of the rules. (consideration: CR H5029-5031)
Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by Voice Vote.
Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
Subcommittee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee (Amended) by Unanimous Consent .
|Jan. 25, 2017||
Referred to the Subcommittee on Health.
|Jan. 11, 2017||
Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
|Jan. 11, 2017||
Introduced in the House by Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.)