About This Bill
- Introduced Jan. 8, 2019
- Latest Major Action Sept. 11, 2019
- See the two similar bills introduced in other congresses.
40 (37 Democrats, 3 Republicans)
- David Scott (D-Ga.)
- Gregory W. Meeks (D-N.Y.)
- Nydia M. Velázquez (D-N.Y.)
- William Lacy Clay (D-Mo.)
- Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.)
- Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas)
- Alma Adams (D-N.C.)
- Yvette D. Clarke (D-N.Y.)
- Val Demings (D-Fla.)
- Karen Bass (D-Calif.)
- Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.)
- Dwight Evans (D-Pa.)
- Sanford D. Bishop Jr. (D-Ga.)
- Emanuel Cleaver II (D-Mo.)
- Marcia L. Fudge (D-Ohio)
- James E. Clyburn (D-S.C.)
- G. K. Butterfield (D-N.C.)
- Jahana Hayes (D-Conn.)
- Al Lawson (D-Fla.)
- Joe Neguse (D-Colo.)
- Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas)
- Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.)
- John Lewis (D-Ga.)
- Marc Veasey (D-Texas)
- Hank Johnson (D-Ga.)
- A. Donald McEachin (D-Va.)
- Stacey Plaskett (D-Virgin Islands)
- Robin Kelly (D-Ill.)
- Brenda Lawrence (D-Mich.)
- Gwen Moore (D-Wis.)
- Cedric Richmond (D-La.)
- Robert C. Scott (D-Va.)
- Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.)
- Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.)
- Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.)
- David Cicilline (D-R.I.)
- Anthony Gonzalez (R-Ohio)
- Steve Stivers (R-Ohio)
- Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.)
- Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.)
Ensuring Diverse Leadership Act of 2019 This bill requires that in making the appointment of a president, a Federal Reserve Bank must interview at least one individual reflective of gender diversity and one reflective of racial or ethnic diversity. The bill amends numerous banking-, finance-, and trade-related Acts to make references to officials (including those to the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System)...
(Source: Library of Congress)
What Lawmakers Are Saying About This Bill
Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.
Voice Vote in the House
Considered under suspension of the rules. (consideration: CR H7576-7579)
Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by voice vote.
DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate on H.R. 281.
Considered under suspension of the rules.
Mr. San Nicolas moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by the Yeas and Nays: 56 - 2.
Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services.
Introduced in the House by Joyce Beatty (D-Ohio)