About This Bill
- Introduced April 4, 2019
- Latest Major Action April 4, 2019
- See the one similar bills introduced in other congresses.
13 (All Democrats)
- Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.)
- Tina Smith (D-Minn.)
- Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.)
- Robert Menendez (D-N.J.)
- Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.)
- Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)
- Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.)
- Kirsten E. Gillibrand (D-N.Y.)
- Patty Murray (D-Wash.)
- Benjamin L. Cardin (D-Md.)
- Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.)
- Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.)
- Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.)
Tax Fairness for Workers Act This bill allows an above-the-line tax deduction for union dues and expenses. (An above-the-line deduction is subtracted from gross income and is available whether or not a taxpayer itemizes other deductions.) The bill also reinstates the miscellaneous itemized tax deduction for unreimbursed expenses attributable to the performance of services as an employee. (Under current law, all miscellaneous itemized...
(Source: Congressional Research Service)
Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.
Introduced in the Senate by Bob Casey (D-Pa.)