From https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars. © Copyright 2013 Pro Publica Inc.
A. Sonia Buist
Notable drugs produced by GlaxoSmithKline include:
- Advair (asthma, COPD, chronic bronchitis, emphysema)
- Lovaza (high triglyceride levels)
- Flovent (asthma and COPD)
- Avodart (prostate enlargement)
- Ventolin (asthma, bronchospasms, reversible obstructive airway disease)
- Coreg (chronic heart failure, heart attack, hypertension)
- Imigran/Imitrex (migraine, cluster headaches)
- Valtrex (herpes, cold sores)
- Treximet (migraine)
- Votrient (renal cancer, soft-tissue sarcoma)
- Benlysta (lupus)
The reports include both the name of the health provider who performed the service and, when reported, the entity paid. They may be different.
Source: GlaxoSmithKline. ProPublica last downloaded this record on Oct. 17, 2012.
I think this is my doctor — what should I do?
If your provider is listed, it’s because a drug company reported paying him or her for promotional activities, meals, travel, educational items, consulting or research. Such payments are legal, but research has shown that drug-company marketing can influence what a doctor prescribes. How you can use this data »