From https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars. © Copyright 2013 Pro Publica Inc.
KAPLAN, ROY A.
Notable drugs produced by Amgen include:
- Neulasta (Makes white blood cells, prevents infections during cancer treatments)
- Neupogen (Makes white blood cells, prevents infections during cancer treatments)
- Enbrel (Rheumatoid arthritis, psioratic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, plaque psoriasis in adults, juvenile idiopathic arthritis)
- Arenesp (Anemia via kidney failure or chemotherapy)
- Epogen (Anemia)
- Sensipar (Lowers calcium in blood)
- Vectibix (Metastatic cancer of the colon or rectum)
- Nplate (Chronic immune thrombocytopenia)
- Xgeva (Osteoporosis, bone cancer, bone related problems in cancer patients)
- Prolia (Osteoporosis, bone cancer, bone related problems in cancer patients)
- Kyprolis (Multiple myeloma)
The reports include both the name of the health provider who performed the service and, when reported, the entity paid. They may be different.
I think this is my doctor — what should I do?
If your provider is listed, it’s because a drug company reported paying him or her for promotional activities, meals, travel, educational items, consulting or research. Such payments are legal, but research has shown that drug-company marketing can influence what a doctor prescribes. How you can use this data »