From https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars. © Copyright 2013 Pro Publica Inc.
Notable drugs produced by Boehringer Ingelheim include:
- Spiriva (Bronchoplasm caused by emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or COPD)
- Micardis (High blood pressure)
- Pradaxa (Blood clots, reduces risk of stroke)
- Combivent (COPD)
- Atrovent (Chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma attacks)
- Aggrenox (Prevents strokes in patients with blood flow disorders or blood clots)
- Catapres (High blood pressure, ADHD)
- Tradjenta (Type 2 diabetes)
- Gilotrif (Metastatic non-small cell lung cancer)
- Mirapex (Parkinson disease, restless legs syndrome)
- Viramune (HIV)
- Aptivus (HIV)
The reports include both the name of the health provider who performed the service and, when reported, the entity paid. They may be different.
I think this is my doctor — what should I do?
If your provider is listed, it’s because a drug company reported paying him or her for promotional activities, meals, travel, educational items, consulting or research. Such payments are legal, but research has shown that drug-company marketing can influence what a doctor prescribes. How you can use this data »