Where do these numbers come from?
Most of the data shown in our project comes from the Treasury Department. But in a few cases, we've gathered information from other government agencies or press releases and regulatory filings from bailout recipients.
If you've got more questions about how we do this, .
What you can find here:
- A complete list of where the money's going, from AIG to the smallest community bank
- A running total of how much of the TARP bailout money has been committed
- A timeline of major bailout events
- Graphical breakdowns and plain language descriptions of the Treasury Department's bailout programs without confusing government acronyms
- A snapshot of how mortgage servicers are performing in the foreclosure prevention program.
- All of our reporting on the bailout