From https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars. © Copyright 2013 Pro Publica Inc.
Notable drugs produced by AstraZeneca include:
- Seroquel XR (schizophrenia, bipolar disorder)
- Crestor (high cholesterol)
- Nexium (acid reflux)
- Symbicort (asthma, COPD)
- Synagis (prevents lung infections in babies and children)
- Toprol-XL (hypertension, heart failure, angina)
- Zomig (migraines)
- Onglyza (Type 2 diabetes)
- Brilinta (treatment for acute coronary syndromes)
- Faslodex (breast cancer in post-menopausal women)
The reports include both the name of the health provider who performed the service and, when reported, the entity paid. They may be different.
Source: AstraZeneca. ProPublica last downloaded this record on Oct. 17, 2012.
I think this is my doctor — what should I do?
If your provider is listed, it’s because a drug company reported paying him or her for promotional activities, meals, travel, educational items, consulting or research. Such payments are legal, but research has shown that drug-company marketing can influence what a doctor prescribes. How you can use this data »